The Rebate Processing Specialist is an integral part of the Center for Sustainable Energy’s clean vehicle rebate programs and works with team members to efficiently and accurately process rebate applications. The Rebate Processing Specialist provides phone and email support to rebate applicants.
What exciting things you’ll be doing:
• Process clean vehicle rebate applications using a customized Salesforce.com CRM system and other computer systems
• Follow detailed, standard practices and operating procedures to review rebate applications and varied, complex supporting documents for accuracy and completeness
• Make quick, consistent decisions following detailed program terms and conditions to determine rebate applicant eligibility
• Provide technical support to applicants for the online application and document submission processes
• Explain complex project requirements to applicants on the phone and in writing
• Use good judgment when speaking with applicants about non-public personal information
• Handle highly-sensitive documents that contain non-public personal information, following mandatory security processes
• Use template-based and customized emails to communicate professionally and accurately with rebate applicants
• Prepare and mail rebate checks to rebate applicants
• Work effectively with fellow team members to complete rebate processing tasks, assisting others when opportunities arise
• Identify issues which may require deviation from standard practices and work with team leads to implement solutions
• Communicate with the CVRP operations team leads and operations managers to provide status updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions and improvements
• Organize, scan, file, and store hardcopy rebate applications
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• The ideal candidate:
Associate of Arts degree required
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Additional work experience may be substituted for a degree
2 years of experience in office/clerical work, customer support, application processing, or other areas related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
A bachelor’s degree may be substituted for some work experience
Extreme attention to detail
Strong writing skills
Intermediate ability to navigate in Adobe Acrobat PDF files
Intermediate ability to follow processes and execute tasks in an internet browser-based system
Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Windows 7
Basic knowledge of customer service principles, project management and best practices with data entry and documentation.
Basic knowledge of and/or interest in electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and other alternative fuel vehicles preferred
Experience working with online customer relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce.com) preferred
Income verification or mortgage processing experience a plus
Ability to speak Spanish or Mandarin a plus
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.